Balancing Your Life & Finances
In this episode, Luis talks to Dasarte Yarnway & Emlen-Miles Mattingly. Dasarte & Emlen are both financial planners who host podcasts, own their own independent wealth management firms, and are influencers in the financial planning profession.
Luis is the founder of Build a Better Financial Future LLC. He came to the U.S. at age 11 from the Dominican Republic. Growing up in New York City Luis noticed the lack of financial literacy in his community and was inspired by his parents to work hard and pursue an education.
From participating as an FPA NexGen ambassador/host, and being a CFP Board Ambassador, Luis uses his platform to help spread financial literacy via media outreach as well as encourage younger and diverse planners to join and thrive in the industry.
He is the host of the “On My Way to Wealth” podcast, co-founder of the BlatinX (BLX) Internship Program and LatinXcellence – an initiative that seeks to bring awareness to and help close the wealth gap in the LatinX community. Luis was named one of InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 in 2019 and Financial Advisor Magazine’s 10 Young Advisors to Watch, as well as Investopedia Top 100 Financial Advisors in 2020.
In this episode, Luis, Dasarte & Emlen discuss the following and more:
- The importance of having a great support system around you
- Defining your own success based on your values
- Paying yourself first in life and in your finances
- Being intentional with your time and your money
- Advice for younger financial advisors
- Download the 3 Fundamental “Money Moves” to Make Before Turning 45
- LatinXcellence, more than a brand, it’s a movement!
- Dasarte Yarnway – Berknell Financial Group
- Dasarte Yarnway – The Young Money Podcast
- Dasarte Yarnway – Twitter
- Emlen Miles-Mattingly – Gen Next Wealth
- Emlen Miles-Mattingly – Minority Money Podcast
- Emlen Miles-Mattingly – Twitter
- Altruist – Grow
- The BLX Internship Program
- Luis’ LinkedIn
- Luis’ Twitter