Growing Up Latina With Ana Trujillo Limon
In this Hispanic Heritage Edition episode, Luis speaks with Ana Trujillo Limon. Ana has worked in the communications and media industry for more than a decade. Her career started as a reporter at the Santa Fe New Mexican before she took a job as an editor in an outdoor industry trade magazine in Colorado. She’s currently the senior editor for the Financial Planning Association’s publications, including the APEX Award-winning Journal of Financial Planning, the FPA Next Generation Planner and Practice Management Blog. Ana serves on the FPA Diversity Committee and is the co-founder of FPA Latino, a member resource group for Latino FPA members. She is a member of the nation’s first Latina sorority, Lambda Theta Alpha, the Association of Latino Professionals for America, and the American Copy Editors Society. She lives in Wheat Ridge, Colorado with her husband Jamie Limon, and their two dogs Zena and Baloo.
In this episode, you’ll learn about the following and more:
- Ana’s background and upbringing
- How Ana’s Hispanic Heritage has shaped her career
- The importance of having mentors and role models at an early age
- How the FPA helps students, financial planners, and the financial planning community
- Ana’s best piece of advice for all Hispanic men and women currently working hard to go after their dream