Growing up Latina with Valerie A. Rivera, CFP®
In this special Hispanic Heritage Month Edition episode, Luis speaks with Valerie Rivera, CFP®. Valerie is the founder of FirstGen Wealth, a financial planning practice serving early to mid-career first-generation wealth builders across the country. She is passionate about normalizing quality financial advice and educating people on becoming financial powerhouses!
Valerie Rivera is a proud Latina and first-gen Mexican-American. She was born and raised in the Southside of Chicago. She continues to live there today, with her husband and their three-year-old daughter, Violet Esperanza. Valerie has spent over 10 years in financial services, working directly with individuals and families on all aspects where money touches life. She is part of just over 1% of Latinas who hold the Certified Financial Planner designation.
In this episode, Luis and Valerie talk about the following and more:
- Perspective is everything!
- How Valerie discovered her love for wealth management and financial planning
- Promoting advocacy within the latino community
- The lack of diversity in financial planning firms
- Building a practice that fits your life/work balance