In this episode, Luis talks about the power of saying “no” and how successful people use it as a differentiator.
Luis is the founder of Build a Better Financial Future LLC. He came to the U.S. at age 11 from the Dominican Republic. Growing up in New York City Luis noticed the lack of financial literacy in his community and was inspired by his parents to work hard and pursue an education.
From participating as an FPA NexGen ambassador/host, and being a CFP Board Ambassador, Luis uses his platform to help spread financial literacy via media outreach as well as encourage younger and diverse planners to join and thrive in the profession.
He is the host of the “On My Way to Wealth” podcast, co-founder of the BlatinX (BLX) Internship Program and LatinXcellence – an initiative that seeks to bring awareness to and help close the wealth gap in the LatinX community. Luis was named one of InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 in 2019 and Financial Advisor Magazine’s 10 Young Advisors to Watch, as well as Investopedia Top 100 Financial Advisors in 2020.
In this episode, Luis speaks about the following and more:
- The power of having your goals constantly in front of you.
- Using “no” to draw a line in the sand and protect your boundaries.
- Saying “no” to something means you’re saying “yes” to something else.
- Using “no” to create balance and freedom in your life.
- How “no” can give you strength to change course in your life and finances.