Know Better & Do Better in Your Life & Finances
In this episode, Luis speaks with Chloe Moore, CFP® & Lauryn Williams, CFP®. Chloe & Lauryn are both financial planners who host a podcast, own their own independent wealth management firms, and are influencers in the financial planning profession.
Luis is the founder of Build a Better Financial Future LLC. He came to the U.S. at age 11 from the Dominican Republic. Growing up in New York City Luis noticed the lack of financial literacy in his community and was inspired by his parents to work hard and pursue an education.
From participating as an FPA NexGen ambassador/host, and being a CFP Board Ambassador, Luis uses his platform to help spread financial literacy via media outreach as well as encourage younger and diverse planners to join and thrive in the profession.
He is the host of the “On My Way to Wealth” podcast, co-founder of the BlatinX (BLX) Internship Program and LatinXcellence – an initiative that seeks to bring awareness to and help close the wealth gap in the LatinX community. Luis was named one of InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 in 2019 and Financial Advisor Magazine’s 10 Young Advisors to Watch, as well as Investopedia Top 100 Financial Advisors in 2020.
In this episode, Luis, Chloe & Lauryn discuss the following and more:
- Why your journey can be more important than the destination.
- Defining success based on your own values and not based on society’s expectations.
- Getting more comfortable with your money story.
- Creating balance in your life by respecting your own boundaries.
- Why building wealth is a marathon and not a sprint.
- Advice for younger financial advisors.