Set It But Don’t Forget It !
Setting Up Your Financial Goals for the New Year
In this episode, Luis talks about how to be intentional with your financial goals for the new year and how to best set yourself up in order to achieve your goals. Luis came to the U.S. at age 11 from the Dominican Republic. Growing up in New York City, he noticed the lack of financial literacy in his community and was inspired by his parents to work hard and pursue an education. He founded Build a Better Financial Future LLC and is the host of the On My Way to Wealth podcast. Luis was named one of Investment News 40 Under 40 in 2019 and Financial Advisor Magazine’s 10 Young Advisors to Watch, as well as Investopedia’s 100 Top Financial Advisors of 2020. From participating as an FPA NexGen Ambassador & Host, to speaking at the CFP Board’s Diversity Summit, Luis uses his platform to help spread financial literacy as well as encourage younger and diverse planners to join and thrive in the industry.
In this episode, Luis discusses the following and more:
- Why you should not “set it and forget it” when it comes to your goals
- The opportunity that exists with the new year to set your goals for the rest of the year
- How to setup your goal “buckets”
- Using S.M.A.R.T goals to stay on track and increase your chances of achieving your goals
- Introducing LatinXcellence, more than a brand, it’s a movement!