The BLX Internship – The Way Forward!
In this episode, Luis introduces the BLX Internship Program. Founded by Chloe Moore, CFP®, Shawn Tydlaska, CFP®, Emlen Miles-Mattingly, and Luis F. Rosa, CFP® EA, the BLX Internship Program’s goal is to provide opportunities for at least 100 aspiring Black and LatinX financial planners to obtain a paid internship with a fee-only financial planning firm in the summer of 2021. We believe this is the way forward for the future of the financial planning profession.
In this episode, you’ll learn about the following and more:
- The Inspiration Behind the Idea for the BlatinX Internship Program (BLX)
- What Interns and Participating Firms Can Expect from the Program
- How Internship Candidates and Firms Can Apply
- Our Partnership with the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Shawn Tydlaska – Founder of Ballast Point Financial Planning
- Chloe Moore – Founder of Financial Staples
- Emlen Miles-Mattingly – Founder of Gen Next Wealth
- Luis F. Rosa – Founder of Build a Better Financial Future
- Umbrellas Don’t Make It Rain: Why Studying Hard and Working Hard Isn’t Enough for Black Americans
- The Hidden Links Between Slavery and Wall Street
- “I Just Pray God Will Help Me”: Racial, Ethnic Minorities Reel from Higher COVID-19 Death Rates